Great Benefits of an HVAC Tune Up
Just like your car needs routine oil changes and maintenance, your home's HVAC system also requires regular servicing, but at far less frequent intervals. Annual HVAC tune ups are a great way to keep your home's innerworkings operating at maximum efficiency so that you stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer. If you have questions about getting an HVAC tune up be sure to speak with your local HVAC company.
What is included in an HVAC Tune Up?
During an HVAC tune up a technician will complete a number of services to ensure that your equipment is operating as designed. These tasks generally include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Thermostat calibration - It is important that the temperature on the thermostat accurately represents the temperature in the home so that the system works properly.
- Check moving parts for wear - Wear and tear is common for belts and other moving parts, but excessive wear should be addressed by replacing them with new items.
- Filter replacement - The air filter in your HVAC system helps remove dust, allergens and other contaminants from the air you breathe inside your home.
- Check electrical connections - Healthy electrical connections ensures functionality and safety.
- Test controls and safety mechanisms - It is important that all of the knobs, buttons and switches used to operate your HVAC system are working.
- Test pressure - The HVAC technician will test the air pressure of the system, which helps diagnose potential issues with the blower motor and other parts.
- Check refrigerant levels of AC - If your home is equipped with an air conditioner the technician will check the refrigerant level and look for any leaks.
Benefits of an HVAC Tune Up
Completing an annual HVAC tune up is a smart way to lower your bills and improve the operational capability of your home.
- Improved Efficiency - By completing a tune up, your HVAC system will be operating at maximum efficiency. This ensures you're comfortable all year long.
- Prevent Breakdowns - By identifying and replacing troubled parts, you won't have to worry about furnace or AC breakdowns.
- Save Money - Preventing the need for repairs and increasing efficiency will save you money in the short and long term. You will certainly see a decrease in your energy bill and the decreased chance of a breakdown will lower the chances for needing more expensive repairs.
At River City Heating & Air we offer professional HVAC tune ups in Bismarck and the surrounding areas to ensure your year-round comfort. Our residential HVAC technicians would be happy to answer any questions you may have about this service or others. To learn more, or to request HVAC maintenance in Bismarck, give us a call at (701) 561-0804 today.
River City Heating & Air Blog
Written and Published By MORBiZ
What are the advantages of a geothermal HVAC system?
3 Advantages of Tankless Water Heaters
Tips for Keeping Your AC Expenses to a Minimum
What are easy ways to improve indoor air quality?
4 Interesting Facts about AC Systems
Helpful AC Maintenance Tips
HVAC: Frequently Asked Questions
What is causing my furnace's electrical trouble?
Water Heater Trouble: Signs that it's Time for Repair or Replacement
Tips for Keeping Your Heating Bill Down during the Winter Months
Warning Signs of a Ductwork Problem
Common Furnace Problems that Should Be Addressed ASAP
What are the benefits of tankless water heaters?
Important Steps for Successful AC Repair
Ways to Lower Your AC Bill during the Summer Heat
6 Reasons to Install a Geothermal HVAC System
AC Trouble: 6 Common Symptoms
Interesting Facts about HVAC Systems
FAQ about HVAC Systems
What are common signs of water heater trouble?
Follow these 6 Tips to Minimize Your Heating Bill this Winter
Common Furnace Electrical Problems
Residential HVAC Experts in Bismarck, ND
Top Benefits of Getting Your Air Ducts Cleaned
5 Reasons to Install a Tankless Water Heater
How to Know When You Need Air Duct Repair or Replacement
6 Benefits of Geothermal HVAC Systems
Should I Repair or Replace my AC System?
How to Prepare Your AC System for Spring
Common Signs of Air Conditioner Failure
Great Benefits of an HVAC Tune Up
Is it Time to Replace your Home's Furnace?